Double glazed windows are highly recommended for your home no matter what the season is. It helps cool down your rooms faster and provides noise protection as well. It helps trap heat during the winter and is highly secured. So, what is stopping you from getting your windows and doors double glazed?
In case you’re wondering what types of Double Glazing leads are, here is your answer. It can be three different types – UPVC, aluminum and wood. What you choose depends totally on you and your budget. In case you are worried about the Double Glazing cost, below there is a short discussion regarding the same.
Cost of double glazing –
You are lucky. Why? The reason is, replacement, installment and repair of double glazing has a highly competitive market these days. This means you, as a consumer, will have the upper hand with the price. Double glazing is not very cheap and disposable; it requires the good amount of investment.
Also, before you strike a deal, make sure of the authenticity of the dealer. Often some people charge an unreasonable amount of money for the same.
The cost of double glazing depends on the style, size, quality of the material that you want. It can range anywhere from between 200 euros to 1000 euros. The cost of double glazing depends on several factors like –
· The quality and type of glass used. For example obscured glass, K glass, toughened glass, etc.
· The quality and mechanism of the security system.
· WER – window energy rating.
Most companies demand a standard of 10% deposit. The replacement system can cost differently based on the materials used by the supplier. This variation arises due to the difference in double glazing quotes.
Look before you leap.
Certain things should be considered by you before you make a decision –
• Quality of the individual components of the window or door like the gaskets, security features, number of locking points, etc.
• Quality of the material used for the framing. The UPVC guarantee card.
• Type of glass used and which inert gas has been used for the layering
• Other inclusions like the removal of wastes or fittings.
Make sure you check everything properly and select the best offer at the best price.